Thursday, September 10, 2009

09/09/09 What An Awesome Date!!!

With a date like 09/09/09 it is bound to be a good day. Today was my first day at the Yeshiva to learn Talmud. I was placed in the second highest level of Talmud and I am in a class with Rabbinical Students from the American Jewish University. My teacher, Dr. Josh Kulp was a former teach of my brother Corey's also so that was pretty cool. It is pretty cool to be in a class level that high given that these people are already in Rabbinical School and are so close to being a Rabbi and I am just out of high school. I guess that 13 education that I received from the Academy is really paying off. In Talmud class for the first few weeks we are learning material about Sukkot. We will then start discussing a Tractate called Bava Kama just after the Holidays. We had Talmud for about 2 hours just one on one and then we moved into a discussion setting with the rest of the class which is about 12 people give or take a few.

After Talmud class I ate lunch and then took a little nap which I completely regret because I continued to fall asleep during my last class for the day, Poskim 2. In that class we are learning the Halachot/Laws of the blowing of the Shofar. That class is being taught by the Rosh HaYeshiva,Head of the Yeshiva, Reb Shmuel, who was a classmate of the Rabbi that I learned from all of last year back at the Academy. It is a great class and I am excited to see where it takes us. That class is also full of Reb Students from the AJU also.

After a long and tiring day at the Yeshiva, I went to dinner with some people and then we went out for the night to a Jazz Concert in the Gan HaPa'amon, The Garden of the Bell. It was a nice evening.

That's about it for now. Tomorrow is another busy day at the Yeshiva with 4 hours of Talmud, an hour session with the Rosh Yeshiva, Reb Shmuel, and a class in Contemporary Issues in Halacha and then tomorrow night we are doing an all Nativ program in remembrances of 9/11.

Lilah Tov for now....

No comments: