Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Little Too Much of One Thing(09/23/2009)

Today was a long long day. I woke up this morning and headed to Minyan like I normally do and I had a feeling that it was going to be a long day; boy was I right. After Minyan I went back to my room and showered and got dressed and ready for the Yeshiva as I do everyday. I head to the Yeshiva and get all settled and started learning with Judah. Things were going smoothly until I found out that our teacher for Poskim, Rav Shmuel, wouldn't be in class today because of the Bris of a grandson of his. We ended up having my Talmud teacher for a second three and a half hour block. I like the guy a lot but it was a little much for us to handle. The topic of the material in Poskim today was Children Fasting on Yom Kippur and their restrictions. It was very interesting material and I learned a lot and I am excited to punish my kids when I have them by giving them prohibitions on Yom Kippur.

Tonight I just hung out at base with some people from the Yeshiva and the Ulpan track because all of Hebrew U had a large study gathering because they were taking their first Final Exam in their Jerusalem class that they have been taking every day. It seemed like a really awesome class going to different sites in Jerusalem with two amazing guides, JJ and David Karen. I am slightly jealous that I couldn't go. Anyways, just another day in the Paradise known as Jerusalem. Until tomorrow.

Lilah Tov

No comments: