Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Typical Situation (09/15/09)

Well today was about the most standard day I have had on Nativ thus far. Morning Minyan followed by Tanach with Mefarshim, commentaries, where we finished studying the Book of Jonah just in time for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. Jonah is quite possibly one of the most fascinating books I have ever studied before. I got so much out of the in depth study that I am surprised we have adapted the custom of reading it on Yom Kippur. After Tanach class I had a few hour break which I did some work for USY stuff, blogged, finalized my plans for Rosh Hashanah meals and teffilot.

After my productive few hours of work I went to my Modern Jewish Thought class that only meets once a week for about 3 and a half hours. It is turning out to be a pretty interesting class with a unique approach to Zionism. Our teacher is a very interesting and engaging individual so it helps make the pace of the class enjoyable.

After Modern Jewish Thought class it was time for dinner and then Erev Nativ, which is the once a week opportunity for an all Nativ program. This week, we learned about a certificate that restaurants receive that is called The Tav Chevrati/התו החברתי. It is a seal of approval granted free of charge to restaurants and other businesses that respect the legally-mandated rights of their employees and are accessible to people with disabilities. It was something that I had never heard of and it will make me think the next time I go out to eat in Israel.

After Erev Nativ, I took it easy and just enjoyed the night and went to bed at an early hour. Today was definitely a typical day, nothing to out of the ordinary.

We will see what tomorrow brings.
לִילה טוב

No comments: