Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Night on the Town (09/14/09)

Wow.... What a day. Sundays and Mondays are the busiest days because I am in the Yeshiva from about 8:30 in the morning until about 6:30 in the evening. On a given day I will be studying throughout that entire period of time with no more then a 45 minute break for lunch. It is quite a switch from high school let me tell you. Today was no exception. Today during Talmud class, my chevruta Judah and I sat and looked at the same four lines of the Talmud for about 2 hours. It was the start of one of those days. Normally, Judah and I are very into the studying but today we just weren't feeling it. So after we did our one on one studying we went to Shiur/class where we discussed what we were learning and we finally got into it a bit more.

After Talmud we broke for our usual lunch of Beit Nativ food. After lunch I joined the Yeshiva as I do everyday for Mincha. After Mincha I went to Halacha Le'Maseah class which is a class that covers the basics of practical Jewish Law. The class is made up of a lot of Nativers and some CY students but also we are joined by the Cantorial Students from JTS which is a nice addition. After about an hour and a half of Halacha class I went to my next and final class of Advanced Midrash with Reb Mordachai. It was a great class. We were studying a Midrash about different people who were doing Teshuvah over the history of time. It was a very illuminating Midrash. I will be posting a piece of it later this week before Rosh Hashanah and I will be discussing it also. Midrash put me into a great mood for the evening.

After Midrash ended around 6:30 I went to dinner with a large majority of Nativ at Beit Nativ. After dinner we had auditions for the Accapella group of Nativ, Kol Nativ which translates to the Voice of Nativ. I sang HaTikvah in my two auditions. We will see what happens next. I am pretty confident that not only I will make it but everyone who tried out will make it also.

All this leads up to the great night I had. If you look at the title of this blog post it says a night on the town. The title doesn't lie, I did indeed have a night on the town. Tonight on Emek Refaim, the German Colony, there was a street fair with live music, foods, and other performances. A bunch of people went for a post dinner dinner and hung out and listened to the many different types of music. It was a great and relaxing conclusion to a busy yet educational day.

That will do it for today. I am sleepy and I need to get up at 7 for davening. I guess we will see what tomorrow brings me.

Lila Tov

No comments: